This City & Guilds qualification is aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals needing to update and enhance their understanding of the wiring regulations.
Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations (BS 7671:2008) City & Guilds (2382-12)
This course is 4 days duration and is suitable for those who work in the maintenance or installation of electrical equipment and is designed specifically for those wishing City & Guilds Certification.
1) Using the 17th Edition Regulations,
2) The Regulations and Safety Requirements for Electrical Installation
3) Assessment of an installation to the new standards demanded by the 17th Edition
4) Protection against shock, and the changes in terminology and definitions
5) Overcurrent protection and discrimination and the increased reliance on RCD/RCBO
(where to use RCD and RCBOs, and their settings for the new locations and new protection requirements)
6) Protection by isolation including isolation requirements of the special locations
7) Selection and erection of equipment in general purpose locations and in the new Special Locations listed in the Regulations.
(Hot tubs, fairgrounds, marinas, floor and ceiling heating, operating theatres etc)
8) Earthing arrangements of systems, and earthing and bonding arrangements
(What is the difference between bonding and earthing, what to bond and to where)
9) Special installations, and special locations many new requirements, and locations
10) Inspection and Testing to the new requirements of Part 6 of the Regulations
(The regulations require understanding of more extensive testing)
11) 17th Edition Course review and exam preparation by Mini Exercises
12) City & Guilds multiple choice on line exam (2 hours, 60 questions)
Part of the course involves Mini Exercises requiring delegates to perform calculations or written answers to problems posed during each section of the course and it is advisable for delegates to have a mathematical calculator and writing materials with them. The exam will normally run from 1.00pm to 3.00pm on the final day.
SEE THE COURSE DATES FOR THIS COURSE -
Find out about our other City and Guilds accredited qualification courses
City and Guilds 2394 - Fundamental Inspection Testing and Initial Verification of Electrical Installations
City and Guilds 2395 - Inspection and Testing of Fixed Installations
City and Guilds 2377 - Portable Appliance Testing
See our training calendar dates
Phone 01634 298800 to check availability and book a place.
IPS will allways attempt to deliver a training course but reserves the right to postpone a course if minimum numbers are not met.