IPS's Apprentice Training Agency (ATA) model is a flexible solution for companies who would like to employ an apprentice but who are put off by the paperwork. IPS Apprenticeships takes on that responsibility allowing you to get on with your business and at the same time benefiting from employing an apprentice.
IPS Apprenticeships helps you to recruit the apprentice; it then employs the apprentice for you and hires them out to your business for an small fee. You concentrate on running your business.
IPS Apprenticeships manages the employment, payroll and on-going personel administration on your behalf. It also manages the training funding and qualification process with an approved training provider. As the host and sponsor employer you are in control and on completion of the apprenticeship will have the option of employing the apprentice.
ATA's employ Apprentices on behalf of employers
ATA's employ Apprentices on behalf of employers, paying their salary and looking after the their employment contract terms and conditions allowing employers to concentrate on their own business. IPS Apprenticeships is an Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) approved by the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS) and included on their National Register of approved ATAs.
The ATA model
ATAs offer a unique approach to the recruitment of Apprentices. They are specifically designed to support employers who wish to take on an Apprentice but do not want to commit to the responsibility of employing a young person.
IPS Apprenticeships will provide a full recruitment, employment and support service to companies (Host Employers) who;
- Would like an Apprentice in their business but do not have the infrastructure to directly employ an Apprentice.
- Need the help and support to recruit an Apprentice at no added cost.
- Are a larger employer experiencing a recruitment freeze or have a head count restriction.
What an ATA does
IPS Apprenticeships will:
- Carry out candidate vetting to include verification of UK right to work, legal identity, proof of residence and qualifications.
- Ensure that the most suitable ‘Apprentice Framework’ is identified in partnership with the Host and the training provider.
- Work with the Host Employer to ensure that the most appropriate training provider is selected to deliver the programme and liaise with that provider to ensure quality and relevance of provision to business needs
IPS Apprenticeships becomes the employer responsible for the duration of the Apprentice’s training for:
- Payment of Apprentice’s wage (including holiday pay)
- Making and managing PAYE and NI contributions
- Health & Safety
- Performance management
- Safeguarding & Prevent
- Dealing with grievance and disciplinary matters
- Providing pastoral and practical support to both the Apprentice and the Host employer
The Host Employer will be required to provide:
- A full and thorough induction to the role and organisation
- A Work Place Supervisor/Mentor to work with the Apprentice and the training provider.
- A safe working environment
- A range of work activities and learning experiences that will allow the Apprentice to progress their qualification
- On the job training and supervision
- Time for the Apprentice to spend with their Assessor in the workplace and for offsite/off job training/activities in line with the Apprenticeship programme.
What it costs
The cost of training is free of charge for 16–18 year olds but Host Employers may need to make a contribution for those aged 19+ which will vary depending on the particular training providers’ policy. The Host will agree the Apprentice’s salary which currently would be at or above the National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.
IPS Apprenticeships will invoice the Host Employer for the Apprentices salary, statutory deductions where applicable and an administration fee plus VAT.
IPS Apprenticeships can advise on any financial arrangement with the training provider.
For further information please contact: Teresa Wilson on 01634 298800 or the IPS Business Development Team on 01634 298808 or email info@IPS-International.com or use our contact us webpage with Apprentice Training Agency in the subject title.