Traineeships are for young people who:
- are not currently in a job and who lack or do not have relevant work experience,
- who want to work or have the chance of getting it,
- who want to get an Apprenticeship but are having trouble getting the opportunity,
- are 16–19 and are not yet qualified at Level 3,
- are 19 to 23 years of age and are not yet qualified at Level 2.
A Traineeship runs for a maximum of six months and is designed to help young people who want to get an Apprenticeship or a job, but who do not yet have the skills or experience to be successfull in applying for vacancies.
- A focused period of work preparation training, covering CV writing, interview preparation, job search and inter-personal skills.
- English and Maths qualifications, as these are seen as crucial employability skills.
- A high quality work placement to give the young person meaningful work experience and develop workplace skills.
- All traineeships are to get a guaranteed interview with the work placement host at the end of the placement.
The training provider and an employer must believe the young person has a reasonable chance of being ready for employment or an Apprenticeship within six months of startng in a Traineeship programme. The duration of the work placement will be at least 6 weeks and no more than 5 months.
Traineeships are available for young people aged 16 to 23.
Traineeships are additionally available for young people with Learning Difficulty Assessments up to age 25.
If you are a young person who would be interested in a Traineeship, contact our Business Development Team on 01634 298808 or use the "Contact us" page on this website.